May Robson plays Apple Annie in Frank Capra’s wonderful and enduring comedy/drama, based on a short story by Damon Runyon, with a hilarious and heartwarming script by Robert Riskin. When Louise (Jean Parker) visits her mother to introduce her aristocratic fiancé, Apple Annie’s friends, including gangster Dave the Dude (Warren William), Judge Henry D. Blake (Guy Kibbee) and Missouri Martin (Glenda Farrell), rally around to transform her into the society matron her daughter is expecting to see.
• Directed by Frank Capra (It’s a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Lost Horizon, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, It Happened One Night)
• Nominated for 4 Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actress
• New high definition transfer from 35mm elements
• Included in Leonard Maltin’s 151 Best Movies You’ve Never Seen
• Introduction and commentary by Frank Capra, Jr.
• New essay by film critic and historian Scott Eyman
Empire of Dreams: The Epic Life of Cecil B. DeMille, Print the Legend: The Life and Times of John Ford, Mary Pickford: From Here to Hollywood, The Speed of Sound: Hollywood and the Talkie Revolution
B/W • 96 Minutes • 1933 • Not Rated
[See DVD Edition]
Email (will not be published) (required)
You can use these HTML tags
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>